CCDF also provides relief and resourcing to local families
1000 5th Ave
- Sam Jampetro, Chairman
- Lisa Wilson, Human Services Coordinator
- Teresa Reilly, Treasurer
The CCDF provides several programs for families in crisis in our local area, as well as general programs for residents needing assistance in the areas of education, employment, and language skills.
Hours are by appointment only in order to protect the privacy of our clients. To schedule an appointment, call and leave a message at (412) 329-8247. Messages are checked several times daily and returned within 24-48 hours.
Our volunteers are on hand to walk you through the process of applying for benefits from the following:
- Home heating assistance through LIHEAP
- Dollar Energy Fund Hardship Program Grants
- Cash assistance through Compass
- Medicaid benefits for health care coverage
- SNAP, Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program
- CHIP, Children's Health Insurance Program
- Referrals can also be made for assistance with:
Share the Warmth Fall Coat Drive
Donations are accepted year-round for gently-used coats for all sizes and ages. Coats must be in good condition with working zippers. We also accept gloves, hats, and scarves.
All donations are used to make sure our local residents have warm clothing for the winter.
English as a Second Language (ESL) Courses
We are currently offering English as Second Language (ESL) courses. These will be taught by an instructor trained through the Greater Pittsburgh Literacy Council. We're excited to start this program up again. There is no charge for the course. Contact us at 412-329-4570 or firstname.lastname@example.org.